Until next monday. I've got loads to post about, but it's going to have to wait. Stuart and I leave tomorrow to Utah to help my dad move out here to Austin!! YEAH! I'm thrilled he's moving here. But needless to say, i'll be out. Will update later.
Tuesday, February 26
Tuesday, February 19
Jack turned 2 on Saturday. I've been thinking the last few days about how the "terrible twos" are coming back into my home. I wanted to list a few ways that I know that I have a 2 year old in my house. Some are cute and others are not so cute.
- The word "NO!" is a big part of his vocabulary.
- Tantrums, oh yes, they have started in a huge way.
- Running away from me when I tell him to come.
- Waking up in his crib in the morning naked from the waist down. (yes, this is the VERY first time it has happened in my house. Neither of my girls ever did it. Luckily, he had only pee'd)
- Thinking that it is fun to unroll the entire roll of toilet paper onto the bathroom floor. Do you know how hard it is to roll it back up?
- Climbing up on anything he can find.
- He'll wake up to the girls and take away what they are playing with, run the other direction and then throw it.
- He thinks he can be forgiven for whatever he has done by throwing out a pouty cute face followed by a kiss.
- Cranks the stereo full blast, then runs to me because it is "too yowd (loud)"
- Empties out his entire dresser.
- Throws his cereal bowl on the floor with the contents still inside.
- Uses anything he can find as a sword. Magic wands, bowling pins, you name it, he'll use it. Where do little boys come up with this stuff???
- You have cars ALL over your house.
- When you get less snuggles :(
- He'll push you over on the floor so he can tackle you.
- Sloppy sloppy kisses (those are my favorite)
- Did I mention the tantrums?
- Throws an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet bowl.
Those are some classic things of what he does during the day. He is such a boy. I can't believe that he's going to be 2 on Saturday. My baby is growing up.
This pictures says it all
Posted by Colleen at 2/19/2008
Thursday, February 14
Happy Valentines Day!!!
I have been a huge slacker this past week and I haven't posted one thing! We had a great last 2 days celebrating Valentines Day! A friend of mine hosted our playgroups Valentines party at her house for a pot luck lunch and passing out cards. That was ALOT of fun. Very crazy and packed with a lot of people, but the kids had a blast. Here are a few pictures from that party:
Brooke making her bag:
Jack trying to hide under the table:
Jack sharing something with his "girlfriend" :
And just another one of Jack:
Today Chloe has her class party. It is so much fun to go to her school and watch and participate in her fun activities. Here are some pictures from the party
Chloe by her locker getting her Valentines box:
Strike a pose:
Checking out her cards:
Here is her box that she made:
Chloe and her friend Jaydon:
She doesnt know how to take a real picture without posing:
They had ice cream sundaes! Lucky!
Chloe trying to push her friend James out of the pictures
Making a Valentine Man
It has been a great day so far. Stuart is taking me to a Japanese Steak House tonight. Were going to go super early so we don't have to wait for a table. I love those types of places, they are alot of fun.
Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you get lots of love :)
Posted by Colleen at 2/14/2008
Tuesday, February 5
It went ALOT better then I thought it would. She is usually a drama queen, but today, she took everything in stride. I am so proud of her. We went in and got her "kiddy cocktail" - in short, it was really Demerol! lol. She had no clue. We went in and she got to lay in a chair and watch High School Musical which she thought was super cool! But, aside from that, you could tell that she was scared and trying to be really brave. I sat by her side the whole time and held her hand.
She got some nitrous and the whole time she was in and out of what was going on. I can't tell you how extreemly proud I am of her. The dentist was AMAZING! She kept on telling Chloe how good she was doing and how she was giving her "Hannah Montana" teeth.
I took pictures so that she could see them afterwards.
This is Chloe and daddy practicing the nose machine
Waiting for the Demerol to kick in and watching a movie
Laying on the table waiting for the "fun" to begin
Getting her work done
Popsicle after to make her feel better
She's pretty much back to normal now. She's glad that she got it done because her tooth doesn't hurt anymore (did I mention she had to get a partial root canal?) I wanted to come back and add on about her root canal and cavities. We talked to teh dentist quite a bit about why she had them. We don't give them candy that often but she does have a lot of juice. She said none of that was the problem, she's just got really deep crevises in her teeth that the toothbrushing just wasn't getting. There was no sign of juice rot between her teeth or any of that. It was a huge relief to know that it wasn't something that I was doing wrong with her teeth, it was just more of a genetic thing with deeper holes in her teeth. So, if you've got kids with deep crevises, get sealants on them! It will save you a butt load of money in the future. Oh and Thank heavens for Demerol!
Posted by Colleen at 2/05/2008