I may not post for a few days, so I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I really hope that we can all remember to center our Christmas around Christ and not focus too much on the other things. I am truely blessed to have Christ in my life and to have the gospel.
Monday, December 24
Wednesday, December 19
Monday, December 17
I posted about 3 new posts today, so don't miss ones below! Happy reading and looking!
Last night our family went out with some friends of ours, the Davis family to the Main Street Bethleham in Burnett. It was a lot of fun. I guess if you call waiting in a long line in 32 degree weather with your kids fun, then yeah! It was a blast! All kidding aside, i'm glad we went. It is a really neat thing that they do. They basically re-create the town of Bethleham and you can walk through it and check it out. they have all the little shops, houses, animals. You can get bread and at the very end, they have Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. It is just a really neat thing to go and see to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Here are some pictures:
Mom, were bored, cold. Can we go now?
Hey. What's up.
Isn't she lovely....Isn't she beautiful...Isn't she precious...okay okay, I'll stop singing.
Brooke having some Bethleham bread.
Chloe seeing the camels
Enough mom, I'm COLD!
Aren't we just having a great time?
Our friends: The Davis Family
Joining in Heather and Lyndsee!
1. Where did you meet your husband?
We met at UVSC (in Orem, Utah) we had a Health class together, learning of the birds and the bees. We didn't date that semester but ran into each other at the mall a couple of months later, went on a date that night and the rest is history!
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I honestly can't remember. It was in class, so probably "Hi, I'm Colleen" haha.
3. Where was your first date? Ga
Stuart took me to a comedy club in Provo, Johnny B's
4. Where was your first kiss?
His apartment. oh-la-la
5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Short. Started dating in May? Married in October.
6. Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged in this little outside theater in Aspen Grove, right up above Sundance. It was very very pretty.
7. Where did you get married?
In the SLC temple
8. How did your reception go?
It was awesome. We had it in this fabulous Art Center in Alpine Utah. It was very classy and fun.
9. The Honeymoon!
We went to Texas. On our way out here we had a layover in Pheonix and the flight into Austin was canceled. the soonest we could get a flight out was the next day! When we were at the customer service desk, they noticed I was carrying my wedding dress (I had to bring it because we were having a second reception in Austin) and they felt SUPER bad. They put us up for the night in a really extravagent Legacy Golf Resort. We got the super ultra mega suite and free meals. Driven in a Lincoln Continental and everything. It was AWESOME! We didn't have any of our luggage, so that sucked. But I think it turned out for the best because of the place we got to stay. Then the next morning we got upgraded to 1st class for our flight from Pheonix to Austin. So that was fun!
Now it is your turn to share about your History!
Saturday, December 15
Stuart and I went and saw it last night. I had only seen a handful of previews on it and basically just knew that he was a lone man living in NYC. So I went in knowing little about the movie. It was a good thing too, because it was FAH-REAK-EE!! Had I known that before hand, I probably wouldn't have gone. I hid in my jacket half the movie with one eye peaking out and jumped out of my seat at least 3 times. I think I also developed an ulcer because I was just because of all the anticipation over what was going to happen next!
I was a pretty darn good movie. When we left though, we were just really disturbed over the whole thing. It is just WIERD!!! But all in all, I thought it was good, usually not my cup of tea because I have a hard time with those kinds of movies, but it was good.
Posted by Colleen at 12/15/2007
Thursday, December 13
Monday, December 10
Over the weekend we had a great time at the Davis house. We had some dinner, then made some gingerbread houses. That was a lot of fun. As you can see in the pictures, I think the kids ate more then actually got on the houses (if that is possible!) Also, I'm pretty sure the daddies got more into it then the kids. What do you think?
Don't you love how all the candy is out of Jacks reach?
The finished product
Posted by Colleen at 12/10/2007
Friday, December 7
Tuesday, December 4
Monday, December 3
About the movie "A Chrismtas Story"
Here is a link to the quiz:
I got only got a 3/8. HAHA! Guess seeing it about 100 times still doesn't make me a Christmas Story know-it-all!
Posted by Colleen at 12/03/2007
Thursday, November 29
So, I do a fun school (preschool) with some ladies in my church for our 3 year olds. We do a rotation. There are 4 kids, so every 4th week it is at my house. We bought a curriculum, so we have activites, crafts and learning.
Well, this week was my week. Tuesdays and Thursdays. But guess what?? I'M DONE!! So, I have the next 3 weeks off where I will get to take Brooke to their houses. Then because it's Christmas, I don't have to host until JANUARY!!
*happy dance**happy dance*
Okay, I just saw this funny and I had to share:
Posted by Colleen at 11/29/2007
Tuesday, November 27
We had a really good time in Kansas over Thanksgiving weekend. The kids got to play alot with thier cousins. It was really hard to leave. The kids love to spend time with them. Chloe especially. The thought she needed to spend every waking moment with them.
Thanksgiving dinner was amazing thanks to my sister-in-law Barbie. She is awesome. Barbie! You Rock! There was some really great food that I loved to eat! Turkey, cheesey potatos, green bean casserol, frog eye salad. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.
The girls made it out to do some after Thanksgiving shopping. There is nothing like going out in 16 degree weather to make it to Walmart by 4:30 AM. HAHA. Sounds crazy, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love shopping! That has got to be my favorite day of the year to shop. I got some pretty amazing deals too. That always makes it worth it.
I guess I will share some pictures of the weekend now:
The kids with Grandpa Bontrager.
Brooke and Owen (her cousin) They seriously could be twins they look so much alike!
Carly, Jack and Brooke having a tea party.
Mommy and Brooke ready to go home.
Thanksgivng dinner. Stuart, his dad and his brothers
Thanksgiving dinner, the kids.
Posted by Colleen at 11/27/2007
Sunday, November 18
Yesterday we went to a wedding at the Temple. It was really nice. We were friends of the groom. His name is Tim. He is Stuart's younger brothers best friend, but basically just like a brother. They all grew up together and knew each other since they were about 3, so he is more of a brother then a friend.
The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Makes you think back to your own covenants and vows. It was very peaceful and just felt good to be there and witness it. It was rainy that day, but still very beautiful.
Then in the evening we went to their reception at the Oasis (no kids! woohoo!) It was awesome. They had an open bar, so I got all the free virgin pina coladas I could handle! The food was amazing. It was just a great reception.
I have pictures of the bride and groom, but I'm not going to post any without thier permission. It was really really hard for me not to go into "photographer" mode. They had a "professional" there, so I didn't want to just jump in and take the shots I wanted. That was HARD! But they were beautiful and I still got some fun shots.
Here are some pictures of us at the temple and one shot at Lake Travis from the Oasis.
Posted by Colleen at 11/18/2007
Thursday, November 15
For this whole week to be done. I am ready for vacation. We're heading up to Kansas to spend some time with the family and eat my sister in laws YUMMY food. But she thinks my husband is going to smoke the turkey? HA! We come for relaxing, not for working!!! (only kidding, you know how much he likes to smoke. well, maybe not smoke, like cigarettes, but food. Briskett, Ribs, Chicken Turkey. You get my drift) But it is going to be nice to get away for a few days and start getting in the holiday mood! And a little day after Thanksgiving shopping!
Tomorrow we get to go to Chloe's school and have a Thanksgiving Dinner with her, so that will be really fun. I enjoy getting to watch her in her school setting. Makes my heart warm :)
I'm just a little tired. I went out shopping for about 5 hours today with my mother in law. We were shopping for all her little grandkids in Kansas (and we bought a few things for ourselves. hehe) It was ALOT of fun. But boy am I tired.
I guess that is it. Maybe I will just share a picture for the fun of it:
My cute little Jack (and he got a haircut!)
Posted by Colleen at 11/15/2007
Tuesday, November 13
Okay, my page is getting more hits a day then I am getting commenters. What is up with that? HUH? I'm getting about 20 hits a day (yeah, I am SOOOO popular huh?) But I'm only getting 3 comments at most.
*stomp stomp* (that is my best 3 year old tantrum) Just tell me what DaH'Ling children I have and what a wonderful mom/person I am and it will make it all better.
Posted by Colleen at 11/13/2007
Saturday, November 10
Thursday, November 8
Wednesday, November 7
He is getting in 3 teeth. The bottom ones. 2 on each side. He's had his front 2 in forever, then he got molars, but the 2 in between just would never come. Until now. He is SO miserable with them. After his nap today he just whined and cried and whined and cried. Wanted me to just hold him. :(
He doesn't want to eat anything. Just drink, and it can't be in a sippy cup, for some reason that hurts, he wants a straw cup.
I just feel so bad for him because that pain has got to be tough. I gave him some oragel and tylenol before bed, so let's just hope that he sleeps good tonight.
Posted by Colleen at 11/07/2007
Saturday, November 3
I am beat. Sincerely 100% beat. If this last week wasn't enough to keep me busy. With Fun School's field trip, Halloween, recovering from Halloween (come on, you all know you had to!) then today we had our wards (church) Super Saturday. Somehow I volunteered myself to be over it, arrange it, figure out crafts, get people to do them, food, set up, run it, clean up. You would think that I was CRAZY! If I didn't love to do it, I probably would be. It was a blast though. We had an okay turnout and we made some really cute crafts, had a fantastic lunch and just had a bunch of adult talk. I'm going to give a special "shout out" to Jeni and Lanae for staying afterwards and helping me get everything put back in place. I couldn't have done it without you. Actually, I probably could have, but I'm glad I didn't have to. You guys ROCK!
Then we went to Jeni's house for dinner and let the kids play. It was fun. Jeni and I sat and looked at about a dozen catalogs while the guys watched football and talked about cars. What more could you want?
But, now I am tired. Bone tired. Muscle tired. Obviously rambling tired too. I am SOO glad tonight is daylight savings. Let's just hope the kids sleep in! (hahahahahahahahahahahaha)
Posted by Colleen at 11/03/2007
Wednesday, October 31
Posted by Colleen at 10/31/2007
Monday, October 29
Fun times at the church's Trunk or Treating. The kids had a blast. Nothing like a bunch of games that get them all sugered up with donuts and cupcakes, then to go around and get a basket full of candy! good times good times.
Posted by Colleen at 10/29/2007
Friday, October 26
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Nope, my mom just liked the name. Well, I take that back...my middle name is Kay and that is after my grandpa (my moms mom, his middle name is Kay) so, my first name no, middle name yes.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Well just Monday actually. When I'm mensturating (yea, too much info) I am alawys over emotional. I hate it.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, I do!
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 3 of them little ankle biters. 2 girls and 1 boy.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? That's a toughy...
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? A little too much.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yup.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Two words. No Way.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Raisin Bran
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No. I kick them off. But here in Texas I wear flip flops most of the time.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I can do 10 push ups in a row, does that count?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Mint Chocolate Chip
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hair, eyes... Anything in the face.
15. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Honestly? My Butt! That is physically. Personally, I think i'm a little too lazy.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My BFF Robin in Utah.
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Red Track pants and socks
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A spicy chicken sandwich
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? A song on my blog. Colbie Caillat, Bubbly
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Hm....Probably pink, my girls use pink alot and it is their favorite.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Jack's hair right after he gets out of the bath.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jeni D.
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football if I must.
24. HAIR COLOR? Brown
25. EYE COLOR? Hazel
26. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yup.
27. FAVORITE FOOD? Sigh. This is a problem. More like an issue. Carbs. anything carby. lol!
28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy Endings
29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? I haven't watched a movie in a while. Over the weekend I caught a little of Shanghi Nights on TV.
30. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White
31. SUMMER OR WINTER? Niether. Fall & Spring
32. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs
33. FAVORITE DESSERT? mmmm dessert. probably peach cobbler
34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Pride and Predjudice. I'm almost ashamed to admit i've never read it!
35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Chloe and Brooke
36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch any. I went to dinner group. Recorded my shows I still need to watch. But the night before the last thing I watched was Dirty Sexy Money (the show is actually great despite its name!)
37. FAVORITE SOUND? My kids laughing.
38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
39. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? The Dominican Republic
40. HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I love to sew, I love photography, I love to read (is that really a talent though?)
41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Payson, Utah
Posted by Colleen at 10/26/2007
Tuesday, October 23
We had a fantastic time at the beach this weekend. I took a lot of pictures. The kids really loved playing in the water. It was the first time they'd seen the ocean and it was a huge hit. Especially by Jack. He was as happy as a lark.
I took most of the pictures. My dad took the ones that have me in them. I haven't even begun to edit all the "playtime" beach pictures yet! I hope you enjoy them!
Posted by Colleen at 10/23/2007
Thursday, October 18
Posted by Colleen at 10/18/2007
Wednesday, October 17
We had our first day of soccer practices and the girls really enjoyed themselves. I wanted to share a few pictures.
All ready to go
Is she really only 5? Well, I guess she'll be 6 in January. But my goodness she look SO old!
Brooke's a movin'!
Apparently this is WWF soccer (FYI, Brooke and the girl, Janae, are best friends)
I had fun!
Posted by Colleen at 10/17/2007