Tuesday, November 27

Thanksgiving Vacation

We had a really good time in Kansas over Thanksgiving weekend. The kids got to play alot with thier cousins. It was really hard to leave. The kids love to spend time with them. Chloe especially. The thought she needed to spend every waking moment with them.
Thanksgiving dinner was amazing thanks to my sister-in-law Barbie. She is awesome. Barbie! You Rock! There was some really great food that I loved to eat! Turkey, cheesey potatos, green bean casserol, frog eye salad. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.
The girls made it out to do some after Thanksgiving shopping. There is nothing like going out in 16 degree weather to make it to Walmart by 4:30 AM. HAHA. Sounds crazy, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love shopping! That has got to be my favorite day of the year to shop. I got some pretty amazing deals too. That always makes it worth it.
I guess I will share some pictures of the weekend now:

The kids with Grandpa Bontrager.

Brooke and Owen (her cousin) They seriously could be twins they look so much alike!

Carly, Jack and Brooke having a tea party.

Mommy and Brooke ready to go home.

Thanksgivng dinner. Stuart, his dad and his brothers

Thanksgiving dinner, the kids.

4 intellectual comments made by others:

Julianne said...

Looks like a pretty great weekend!

Monson Family said...

So much fun! I am hungry reading about your yummy food! Especially the frog eye salad! YUMMMM! I LOVE the tea party picture, with the glowing curtains behind them! SO CUTE! I am glad you had a fun time!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for your kids! It was just the four of us. Mine don't have cousins anywhere near their age. I have so many happy memories just as you describe. I'm off to google 'frog eye salad'. I'm glad you had a great trip!

Heather Guymon said...

What a good looking family! Looks like you guys had a really great time...but we are glad to have you all back =)