Tuesday, February 19

You know you have a 2 year old when...

Jack turned 2 on Saturday. I've been thinking the last few days about how the "terrible twos" are coming back into my home. I wanted to list a few ways that I know that I have a 2 year old in my house. Some are cute and others are not so cute.

- The word "NO!" is a big part of his vocabulary.
- Tantrums, oh yes, they have started in a huge way.
- Running away from me when I tell him to come.
- Waking up in his crib in the morning naked from the waist down. (yes, this is the VERY first time it has happened in my house. Neither of my girls ever did it. Luckily, he had only pee'd)
- Thinking that it is fun to unroll the entire roll of toilet paper onto the bathroom floor. Do you know how hard it is to roll it back up?
- Climbing up on anything he can find.
- He'll wake up to the girls and take away what they are playing with, run the other direction and then throw it.
- He thinks he can be forgiven for whatever he has done by throwing out a pouty cute face followed by a kiss.
- Cranks the stereo full blast, then runs to me because it is "too yowd (loud)"
- Empties out his entire dresser.
- Throws his cereal bowl on the floor with the contents still inside.
- Uses anything he can find as a sword. Magic wands, bowling pins, you name it, he'll use it. Where do little boys come up with this stuff???
- You have cars ALL over your house.
- When you get less snuggles :(
- He'll push you over on the floor so he can tackle you.
- Sloppy sloppy kisses (those are my favorite)
- Did I mention the tantrums?
- Throws an entire roll of toilet paper into the toilet bowl.

Those are some classic things of what he does during the day. He is such a boy. I can't believe that he's going to be 2 on Saturday. My baby is growing up.

This pictures says it all
Photobucket

3 intellectual comments made by others:

Monson Family said...

Ha Ha Ha! I can relate to quite a few of those! Can you believe how fast they are growing!?! That shirt he is wearing in the picture is too funny! Love it!

Janet said...

i am cracking up at all of those... i must be living with a 2 year old too! i could seriously check every last one of those off as things austin does!

he's a cute little man!

The Five that Jive said...

I totally hear ya!! Ashlyn drew all over her pants today...and then drew on her foot...basically colored her foot blue! AAAHHH! Rick just keeps reminding me...she's 2...it's what they do. They are so tender though...if you scold them...they just want to give you a big hug and a kiss and make it all better. I wish it was that easy in our world! Miss you!!
Lindsey J