Tuesday, February 5

Chloe's trip to the dentist

It went ALOT better then I thought it would. She is usually a drama queen, but today, she took everything in stride. I am so proud of her. We went in and got her "kiddy cocktail" - in short, it was really Demerol! lol. She had no clue. We went in and she got to lay in a chair and watch High School Musical which she thought was super cool! But, aside from that, you could tell that she was scared and trying to be really brave. I sat by her side the whole time and held her hand.
She got some nitrous and the whole time she was in and out of what was going on. I can't tell you how extreemly proud I am of her. The dentist was AMAZING! She kept on telling Chloe how good she was doing and how she was giving her "Hannah Montana" teeth.
I took pictures so that she could see them afterwards.

This is Chloe and daddy practicing the nose machine
Photobucket

Waiting for the Demerol to kick in and watching a movie
Photobucket

Laying on the table waiting for the "fun" to begin
Photobucket

Getting her work done
Photobucket
Photobucket

Popsicle after to make her feel better
Photobucket

She's pretty much back to normal now. She's glad that she got it done because her tooth doesn't hurt anymore (did I mention she had to get a partial root canal?) I wanted to come back and add on about her root canal and cavities. We talked to teh dentist quite a bit about why she had them. We don't give them candy that often but she does have a lot of juice. She said none of that was the problem, she's just got really deep crevises in her teeth that the toothbrushing just wasn't getting. There was no sign of juice rot between her teeth or any of that. It was a huge relief to know that it wasn't something that I was doing wrong with her teeth, it was just more of a genetic thing with deeper holes in her teeth. So, if you've got kids with deep crevises, get sealants on them! It will save you a butt load of money in the future. Oh and Thank heavens for Demerol!

9 intellectual comments made by others:

Monson Family said...

Oh my goodness! A partial root canal! That is tragic! What a trooper!

jeni said...

I feel your pain! I am soooo glad that it went so well. That office is awesome!! It was good to talk to you today. See ya soon!

jeni said...

I feel your pain! I am soooo glad that it went so well. That office is awesome!! It was good to talk to you today. See ya soon!

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is so tradgic. I hate going to the dentist to this day. I need to go but don't want to. Chloe is such a big girl and life wouldn't be better with out that Demerol!

KT said...

Oh man! I want Hannah Montana teeth!

KT said...

I totally thought of you when I saw this treasure on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXrAuR951c

Please, someone get me their choreographer on the phone! And, are those hip thursts for a crowd of 9 year old girls?

Chrissy said...

Wow, she did great. I have to take Isabella in soon and I'm totally dreading it!

Jan said...

Its so ironic how we used to dread the event growing up but now we blog the event. Are the kids going to forgive us.

PureDesign said...

Thats crazy!

Who's your dentist? Seem s like they are REALLY good with kids.