Monday, November 17

Jack gets a big boy bed!

So Jack is almost 3. Well, 3 in February. It's getting pretty close. Everyone who has found out that Jack is still in his crib looks at me like I have 2 heads. Yeah, so what? I still have Jack in the crib. He hasn't tried to climb out of it. It's worked for us.
For now, I have decided that it is time to put him in a big boy bed. My only other option is to leave him in it until he is 5, but the thought about him screaming at me saying "MOM! I need to get up and go to school now!" well, that just doesn't work now does it? Also, after Christmas I am going to try and potty train him so we will need him out of the crib. One step at a time right?
Here are a few pictures of him with his big boy bed. He thinks that he is SO cool now.


4 intellectual comments made by others:

Halli Matheny said...

How fun! Don't feel bad, Lauren was in her crib until she was three too! I would have kept all my other kids in longer too but always had another baby that needed it. She was the easiest to transition to a bed...probably cause she was SO old! :)

Selene said...

Bed? Does that mean I have to come up with a big boy bed for Adam someday? I don't know about this whole bed thing. I mean, hey, Adam doesn't climb out either.

Janet said...

congrats, jack! hey austin has that exact same pillowcase!

GrandmaK said...

Good job Mom! I bet Jack loves it. Hey - you even fixed his wall border!