Saturday, January 6

Potty Training

I hate it. It is sooo not fun. This week I've been potty training Brooklyn. She is amost 3, well, she will be 3 in March. So that is almost right? I figured that enough is enough. It's time. What on earth was I thinking? Why go through all that pain, torture, annoyance, frusteration to teach her to do something that she doesn't want to do?
But, she's almost 3 and I've put it off long enough. On to the task of training. I'll take you through from day 1.
Day 1
On go the panties, but not just any panties mind you - but princess panties. Because they deserve any less? The goal is to make it as fun as possible right? So, she gets FUN, decorative princess panties. I won't give you the nitty gritty of every hits and misses....but by the end of the day she finished at 50%. Not too bad but not completely awesome. It will do

At this point I'm a little frusterated because Chloe trained in 1 day. She had one accident then never looked back. I got EXTREEMLY lucky.

Day 2
She woke up dry! Put her on the potty and nothing. She wouldn't go. She went almost 2 hours after she woke up and wouldn't go. I *KNEW* she would be needing to go. I was taking her every 5 minutes. After I had taken her in, not even a minute later she had an accident. UGH! SO frusterating! I start thinking that I would rather be doing anything then this. Stopping what I am doing every 5 minutes to take her to the potty! After that - no accidents ALL day! I was so proud of her. SO SO proud. (I am sure the incentive for potty treats didn't hurt!)
But, we have yet to see her make the dreaded #2.

Day 3
Morning goes by into nap time. No accidents! wakes up from her nap DRY! I am beyond thrilled. She's got it now, were golden! After naps - 2 accidents. What the *insert choice of word here*. I thought we were doing so well!!!
On to another day

Day 4
She does great the first part of the morning, but we haven't seend the #2 yet either. I know it's coming. I am watching for signs. I take her in the bathroom, she goes, but no #2. So she heads off to play. I'm feeling good about things, just plan to check on her every 10 or so minutes to keep an eye on her. You can see where this is headed right? Well, not even 5 minutes later she comes walking up to me and said she pooped in her panties. *sigh* great. fine. whatever. poop in your pants if you want to. I am SOOO frusterated!! Deep breathes. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. ahhhhh. We're okay. The rest of the day, no accidents. Were doing our bedtime routine, she goes, we put on a pullup for bed and head for stories and songs. During the songs "I've got to go pee". But you just went!!! okay. lets go. SHE POOPS ON THE POTTY! I wanted to do a dance. I was sooo thrilled.

You definatly have to be a mom to enjoy bowel movements of a child don't ya!? LOL!

Day 5
Well, it's only 10 A.M. No accidents or incidnets to report yet.

I hope things go well from here. She is really getting it. Only time will tell, but yea, potty training sucks. I can't think of about 100000000 things I'd rather be doing. Wish us luck!

3 intellectual comments made by others:

sheri said...

Oh, how I abhor potty training. Have I ever told you that my son (who will be 6 in March) still pees his pants a few times/week? I'd be happy if he didn't soak through a Pull-up 3-4 times/week, too. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Why did I read this, it just reminds me it's time to start potty training my finale child. Hum-bug. Good luck to ya.

Sally F said...

That stinks--literally! Poo stinks! Would it be easier if you waited a few months or is it always a struggle no matter how long you wait? I really don't know. I'm gonna have to look at some books. My 2 year old shows no signs of interest yet. It's something I am NOT looking forward to. Good luck to ya!