Friday, March 7

Today is one of those days....

That I just want to yell out a huge stream of cuss words.

We are, or should I say were, almost done with our kitchen floor. Stuart spent some time last night putting the final piece of the quater round in and then he just had to lay the pantry room and do the quarter round there. It looks - looked - SO nice.

We woke up this morning just like normal, got Chloe off to school and everything. Stuart was going to get a jump start on the day and just finish the pantry. He goes over to start looking at stuff and notices the flooring is WET! Oh no. After more investigation, we come to find out that the ice line in our fridge was leaking alllllll night long (yeah, lets turn on a little Lionel Richie shall we?) So, he starts yanking out the laminate. (By the way, whose idea was it for the laminate - don't look at me. Okay, look at me a little. It's PRETTY!!) It is just soaked.

Then about a half hour later, i'm in the living room and Brook asked for my help and stepped by me and says "mom, somebody spilt something on the floor right here" I look down and it's wet. My first thought was "Jack! What did you spill!!" I got a towel and got it up....I told Stuart that someone spilt something and the look comes into his eyes and he said "No one spilt anything" The water leaked through the wall into the living room!! *sigh*

So, now we have huge industrial sized fans under the carpet and propped under the laminate to dry everything out. Luckily, the floor is not ruined, it will be fine. It is just a major PITA to have to deal with it all when we were just about done. Freaken A. right?

I was going to post pictures, but I just don't have the heart right now. Bummer deal. I'll post them back when everything is fixed and all pretty. Wish us luck.

4 intellectual comments made by others:

Julianne said...

Oh no! That is terrible! I totally feel your pain, but when it's all said and done it will be so beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

Monson Family said...

Oh my GOODNESS! That is so terrible! I am so sorry! It will all be over "soon" and then everrything will be wonderful! I can't wait to see the finished product! It will be gorgeous! Poor Stuar! All that hard work!!!!

Janet said...

all i can say is AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Lyndsee Bates said...

That stinks!!! I hope it wokrs out I can't wait to see it when it is done!!!!