Sunday, January 11

Potty Training

So, I'm going to bite the bullet this week and potty train Jack.

I have never trained a boy before and I'm scared. Any good advice??

6 intellectual comments made by others:

Barbie said...

Just the same as the girls.. Put him in big boy underwear and take him to the bathroom ALLL the time! You will do great!!! Oh and don't put Fruit loops in the toilet for him to have to try to pea on because he might eat them. Trust me I know.... :( It was Nasty...

Heather Guymon said...

Hahahaha OK I just read the above comment and TOTALLY pictured Jack trying to eat the fruit loops.

Good luck with PT. I had it easy with Hannah but I have a feeling this next one is going to be a pain!!! Maybe Jack will surprise you and be super easy?

You can dream right?

Halli Matheny said...

Carter was way easier than my girls. I bought mini marshmellows and would throw one in the toilet and let him try to hit it! That was a great motivator! Good luck!

Jill said...

The targets are wonderful. Worked great for our boys. Plus any time daddy can help out with would be good. It seems to work best with boys if they can follow by example.Plus any rewards like sticker, a single m&m or something along those lines so the motiviation continues beyond just the toilet.

GrandmaK said...

hahaha!!! I've been reading all the above and dying!! I had 7 boys, as you know, and they were pretty easy to train. Your hubby being the easiest. They just don't like the wet pants. You'll do great. Just keep on keeping on. That's the key. Once they know you're not going to give in - they will comply. At least that's what I found. Good luck! :)

Rachel said...

Yeah- my advice... wait till he's 3!