Tuesday, May 20

You know the saying....

That you don't really appreciate something until you no longer have it (or something like that).

Well, that is how I felt about our AC! Sunday night about 9pm our AC just died. It went to kick on and nothing. Stuart went out and tinkered with it a little and just couldn't get it to work. Great. Luckily we have ceiling fans in most of our rooms, so we kicked those on and went to bed.

Monday predicted a high of 97 degrees. Lovely. The AC guys came out Monday and said the blower motor was broken. They can't get the part in and install it until the next day. Yesterday it got SO hot. Our house was pretty much miserable. None of us slept well last night. Jack was up from about 12-2:30 in the morning. He and I rocked in the living room because he just couldn't get comfortable.

It is now fixed though. They got the part in it today about lunch time. It feel SOOO nice after 36 hours of no AC!

Makes me really appreciate those people who live without it. I really don't know how they survive!

3 intellectual comments made by others:

GrandmaK said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What a time for it to go out. I would have kept Brooke and Jack you got it fixed. Glad it's fixed now.

Heather Guymon said...

My parents went through this for 3.5 weeks when Rita hit two years ago. They said you get use to it after a while, which I never thought I would hear my mother say because she keeps hers going YEAR round. Summer is worse because she keeps it on like 70 the entire time and the house is FREEZING cold. It's ridiculous. Anyways glad you guys were able to get it fixed.

Lyndsee Bates said...

That sucks, I'm so sorry! But glad it is better!