Thursday, November 9

Thursday Thirteen #11


Thirteen things Colleen is thankful for



With the Holidays upon us, I feel like Thanksgiving just gets lost in the shuffle with all the Christmas hoopla. I am not going to let that happen in my home. I am going to bring in the Thanksgiving spirit. So this week my TT is going to be about 13 things that I am thankful for.

1. My Heavenly Father
2. My Husband
3. My Children
4. My Family
5. My Friends
6. My House
7. My Books
8. The Gospel
9. My Freedom
10. A Hot Bath
11. Coca Cola
12. Chocolate
13. My Life

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





31 intellectual comments made by others:

Anonymous said...

You have lots to be thankful for! Thanks for stopping by :-)

Tug said...

AWESOME list!! Happy TT!

Girlie said...

Great lis Collen! Are you the same one from a favorite authors' BB?

Mine will be up in an hour. I'm doodling.

Barb said...

Very nice! The hot bath sounds really good!

Anonymous said...

Very nice list ~ I'd change the Coca Cola to Dr. Pepper...but I agree 100% on the others. Thanks for stopping by my TT!

Happy Thursday!

Girlie said...

I'm with you on your list Colleen, except for coca cola

Happy Thursday! Mine's up!

Nicole said...

Great list!! Might have to do this one next week if i can remember ;)
Happy TT!!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my blog, if I made the same list. Hehe.

Happy Thursday!

Unknown said...

I love how # 11 just sort of popped out there ... it was all personal and suddenly, its Coca Cola. Lol!

I'm up!

Unknown said...

Great list!!!

Miss Lee said...

Nice list. I'm thankful for all those things too. :)

Barbara said...

Great list!

My Thursday 13 is up.

Virginia Revoir said...

I totally agree with you! I was thinking the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Re Baggage's thirteen comment:
"all you needed to do was call me. I would have sent you a second child. and a third. and a forth. LOL." , I thought I'd copy and paste my comment here that I left there, so you could read it. As another infertile woman who did the sperm thing for years, and is now in her second year of adoption paperwork and waiting nightmare, my comment to you: "crikey. who IS that colleen? Um yeah, send a couple my way too. Do you take paypal, and do I have to pay shipping? Immigration isn't a problem is it? And do they come with printed instructions (must be bilingual, I'm in canada, if it is not bilingual it is illegal for sale here)? I'd like a girl, preferably under age 8 months, healthy if possible, though will take one with extra fingers, pigeontoed, flatfooted, or needing glasses. Freckles are a plus. I have to do the room first and babyproof, so delivery on Dec 1 would be fine. We could settle in before Christmas mayhem. thanks."

You might just want to consider that what you so flippantly offer is obviously what you have so much of you can afford to be flippant, and what we obviously will not get from you and cannot get, with great heartbreak and pain. I realize you meant to be encouraging and funny, but just in the future, consider it is like joking about giving someone your straight A's to someone learning disabled, or joking about having too much food to someone starving. It is hurtful and just profiles how much we don't have what others take for granted and the world showers down on them but not us. Thanks.

Le laquet said...

Chocolate, friends and family ... not in that order all the time :o)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Wonderful list! It's nice to remember that are "thankful" for things in our life. I love that you added the Gospel in there. Sometimes I remember to be thankful for God and the here and now, but I tend to forget some of the most important things. Thanks for the reminder.

Tizzie said...

Great list......I especially liked no 12!!!!!!!

Happy TT!

Nathalie said...

I love how chocolate comes before your life :)
Great list, makes me think what I'm greatful for.
Happy TT!

bernie said...

When I was younger Coke was up there on my list. I have since replaced it with seltzer. Most of the others on your list are on mine.

I linked to you from TT 13 Reasons Republicans Lost

DigiscrapMom said...

Awesome list! You sure have a lot to be thankful for :)

Happy Thursday!

Debby said...

Great list and good for you! Thanksgiving does often become lost in the shuffle. Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting!

Melissa H. said...

What a list of things to be thankful for!

13 Things I Do to Relax

Anonymous said...

Great List! Although personally, Coke and Chocolate woulda been higher up on that list! LOL
My TT is up if you get a chance to stop by!

Sparky Duck said...

Good list of great things. And Thanksgiving doesnt get lost with me, stuffing my face and football, now thats heaven

Kat said...

Good list. Happy TT!

Gail Martin said...

Sometimes, we need to take a few minutes to remember our many blessings. Great list.

Happy TT!

Domestic Goddess said...

very nice list! Thanks for visiting, and I love chocolate and coke too!

Anonymous said...

Coca Cola? LOL! I don't know why but I think that's so funny!

alisonwonderland said...

great TT!

i'm going to do my thankful list on november 23 - but i suspect it'll be somewhat similar. especially the chocolate! :o)

Caylynn said...

Wonderful list. :) Those are all great things to be thankful for. :)

Of course, Thanksgiving was last month. ;) Well, it was for us Canadians. Reading all the Thanksgiving posts right now is rather odd for me, since we celebrate Thanksgiving in October.

Happy T13. :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful TT!