Sunday, October 15

I love this time of year.

Everything about it.

It may get really stressful at times trying to fit everything into the schedule, but I love it just the same.

Halloween is coming fast. I have decided that all of us are going to be doctors. I got pink scrubs for the girls with disposable stethascopes. Stuart is going to wear blue ones and I have cranberry colored ones. I am going to stop by the hospital and see if I can get us hooked up with surgical masks and caps. I haven't decideda about Jack. All the baby scrubs i've found are $20 and I think that is more then I want to spend. So, I am thinking he might just be our patient. We have already gotten our house decorated. I love Halloween.

Thanksgiving is fun too. We always head to Kansas to visit Stuart's family. I just love the "togetherness" you get at this holiday. Spending time with those you haven't seen in a while. Oh, and lets not forget about the FOOD! Bring. It. On. The turkey...mashed potatos, green bean casserol, veggies, PUMPKIN PIE. Yum. Yum. Yum. I am also one of those loonies that LIKES to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Call me crazy, but I do. I remember the year I was pregnant with Brooklyn I went out at 6 am to get Chloe the Leap Pad that was ever so popular that year. I was standing in line at the register and I almost passed out. I hadn't eaten that morning yet, I was REALLY hot. That and being pregnant almost took me over the edge. The people in line were getting worried about me. YIKES! I still love it though.

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love it. I love the decorations, the shopping, and most of all the Spirit. I love giving presents to everyone. I love listening to Christmas music ALL month long. Gingerbread houses, more pumpkin pie, christmas tress, christmas lights. I could go on and on.

I am really getting excited about it all this year. Chloe is now at the age where the holidays are getting to be a blast. She is excited about doing stuff. My excitment is fun, but to see it through your childrens eyes is SO much more. I am so glad that I get to be a part of their excitement.

Bring on the holidays!

4 intellectual comments made by others:

Sally F said...

You changed your site layout. Cute! I love shopping the day after T-giving! That's nice that the people in line were actually worried about you when you were prego.

One year, there was a MAJOR FIGHT with all these women grabbing the same pairs of $1 socks! We're talking fists and hair pulling and pinching! Yikes!

Karen said...

Hey, love your new design -- very girly and cute! :)

I'm with you about the holidays. My kids are old enough this year to really appreciate Christmas, especially, so I can't wait for that. They're pretty excited about Halloween, too.

I love witnessing their excitement because I remember exactly how it feels to be experiencing the holidays when I was little -- it's the best! Even though I still enjoy the holidays, it's just not the same as when I was little. (Of course, believing in Santa Claus was SO much fun! I was so disappointed to find out the truth! LOL)

Kat said...

It is so neat to watch my son enjoy the holidays. I love the weather and the smells. I can't what for christmas! I'm done all my shopping!

Anonymous said...

I love the holiday season seen through the eyes of a child. They get so excited! Don't forget to enter your kids the my Halloween Costume Contest!