Saturday, August 19

Book Review

Shophie Kinsella
The Undomestic Goddess

I'm not the best at reviewing things, but here ya go.

It was a very easy, fun read. I read it in about 3 days. It is just about as funny as her other books. I loved the Shopoholic series and this one falls under that same likableness (is that a word?).

Samantha Sweeting is alot like Becky from the Shopoholic books in her "I can never tell the truth and it gets me into sticky messes" kind of characteristic. Most of the time while reading these books, I am always thinking "JUST TELL THE TRUTH GIRL!" But, if she did, you wouldn't have a story right?

What I liked the most about this story, even though Samantha is gutless when it comes to talking to people, she is very smart. She sticks through things even when they are rough. She willingly learned all the things she needed to do to make the job work.

The premis of the story is this:
Samantha works at a very famous law firm. She gets into a huge mess (athough I wont tell you what kind of mess because that would give away alot of the story. I'm sure you'd rather read it yourself eh?) So, she runs away and gets a job as a housekeeper even though she knows nothing about housekeeping. She meets a guy. In the end she has to choose which path to take and figure out what she wants out of life.

The book was very predictable, but very entertaining. All in all i'd give it a thumbs up, or maybe 3 1/2 stars or however you rate these things.

2 intellectual comments made by others:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Thanks for the review. I have been thinking about reading that book for a while.

alisonwonderland said...

I loved The Undomestic Goddess! Sophie Kinsella is great fun for mindless, escapist reading.