Wednesday, August 16

Things I missed. . . and didn't miss

Missed: my sweet girls overwhelming me with hugs and kisses.

Missed: giggles.

Didn't miss: whines.

Missed: my bed.

Didn't miss: laundry.

Missed: hearing my name "mommy".

Didn't miss: hearing my name "mommy" repeated 1,437 times.

Missed: readings books to my girls.

Didn't miss: fighting.

Didn't miss: hitting.

Didn't miss: them taking toys away from each other.

Missed: the internet!

Didn't miss: convincing the kids they DO need to take a nap.

Didn't miss: being a "mean" mom

Missed: our routine!

Missed: my husband



I am really glad to be home with them, but i'll be even more happy when I get get our routine back and get them used to me again. I don't mind that granny spoils them while they are there, I just hate having to bring them back down to reality again and being "mean" to them (not letting them stay up late, making them nap, telling them no, ect - all of which granny does the opposite! lol). Anyways, back to life as I know it!

1 intellectual comments made by others:

Twisted Cinderella said...

That so describes the ups and downs of mommyhood. they joy of hearing "Mommy!" when you come home and the weariness of hearing "moooommmmmy . . . " fifteen times in a row. Welcome home.