Friday, August 4

Why

Why do they have to grow so fast? Why can't they stay tiny forever? It seems like just last week Jack was born, now he's a heavy weight getting ready for the wrestling ring!

A good friend of mine had her baby yesterday. I went over to see the proud mama and sneak a peak at the new baby this morning. He weighed in at a whopping 8lbs. 12 oz. Jack was only 8lbs when he was born (only 8 lbs! hahaha). Holding this brand new little baby was kinda sad. Not to long ago MY baby was just a tad smaller then this one. I just want to cry.

New baby was SO sweet and SO cuddly. I just wanted to crawl into bed with proud mama and snuggle this sweet little boy all day. I know I just had my turn, but but but.....

Mr. Man is growing so big. He is just about ready for his 6 month check up. 6 months!! Where did the time go. I KNOW that I did not give him permission to grow so big so fast. Disobedience, I tell ya. I am sure when he gets weighed he will be 18+ lbs. I know kids that are barely 18 lbs. at their 1 YEAR check up, but Chubbadub is there by 6 months. Good job bud.

I guess it just makes me sad to think that my baby is growing. It is exciting watching his changes every day, watching him learn new things, but sad just the same.

I guess that is enough of me blubbering on about it. I'll leave you with a new picture of the man.

2 intellectual comments made by others:

Karen said...

Awww -- he is precious!!!

Wait until he's four. That's when all of the babyness (I just made that word up, I think) disappears.

I had a pain in my gut reading your post because it's been bothering me so much lately that my baby is so big. I swear he grows an inch a day.

Twisted Cinderella said...

I feel that way a lot lately. Where did my baby go?

He is absolutely adorable!!!