Thursday, August 3

I don't think she's quite ready

The girls went down to grandmas house to spend the night (thank you granny!). Stuart gets off the phone with his mom and tells me this story.

They were all playing in the playroom and Brooke needed her diaper changed. As she was changing it, she asks Brooke, "Do you want to wear big girl panties?"

She said "YES!" (because every girl wants to wear big girl panties!)

So, MIL explains to her that if she is going to wear big girl panties, she has to pee in the potty. She takes her in, sits her on the potty to make her go first. She doesn't. They go back out to the play room and not 2 minutes later, she pees. Glad it's not me there with her! MIL takes her to the bathroom, cleans her up and puts another set of panties on her and talks to her again about going pee pee in the potty. They go back out and 10 minutes later, they are in the kitchen and she notices Brooke is wet AGAIN! On goes the diaper.

I have been contemplating potty training her soon. I have to work myself up for these kinds of things. Prepping myself like those do before a game. Telling myself over and over that it's going to be okay and that she is going to do a great job while also telling myself that I am going to do okay and be patient with her.

I think my MIL saved me some time because I don't think she is quite ready yet. She is 28 months, almost 2 1/2. I am probably going to give her just a little while longer yet before I try. With my sanity at stake, I think it's the best idea for everyone involved. (haha!)

2 intellectual comments made by others:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Potty training was the part of parenting that I was most scared of. Teen years? They aint got nothing on the terror I felt when I imagined potty training my little princess. I am glad that she is trained now. Thank god.

Anonymous said...

I swore I was going to potty train Rae this summer 'cause summer is so much easier... occasionally I'll take off her dipe and let her play on the potty but she's not really interested. So now I'll probably have to wait for next summer. To me, winter clothing just makes potty training too darn hard.