Tuesday, August 22

Cartoons

They don't make cartoons like they used to. I remember only watching cartoons on Saturday mornings, early Saturday mornings. The best cartoons were on then. Bugs Bunny, Sylvester and Tweety, Smurfs, Tom and Jerry, The Road Runner. Now those were some high quality cartoons. I used to look forward to Saturday morning just to watch these.

Now days, frankly, the cartoons just suck. Don't get me wrong, my kids love them, but I dread having to sit through some of these things. Teletubbies....blah!! Anything on Nick Jr drives me crazy. Including SpongeBob. Stuart would argue with me on that one because he thinks it is hilarious. The kids watch it in the morning before I pull myself out of bed. Blah blah blah! Why don't they bring back the classics!

It is sad to me that my kids don't know these classics! I have gotten them to watch Tom and Jerry through KidsOnDemand on our cable box. They like it. But, they know nothing about Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. They don't know what it's like to watch Wiley Coyote blow him self up 10 times per episode trying to catch the Road Runner. I tried to get them to watch the Smurfs yesterday. It was my favorite one as a child. Chloe watched it for about 5 minutes and said "I don't like this, let's watch something else". WHAT?!?! How in the world can you NOT like the Smurfs? What is this world coming to?

It pains me to see the digression of cartoons. I hate to see all of them going into anime' 3D crap. I don't want to sit with my kids and watch The Backyardigans.

Give me some old fashion Loony Toons!

0 intellectual comments made by others: