Tuesday, August 15

I'm home

And it is SO good to be here.

It was a very fun trip, but there is nothing like coming home after you have been away for a week. The best thing I ever did was leave the house spotless before I left. There is nothing like coming home to a clean house after you have been away for a week.

I think I was gone long enough to actually miss the girls. I was really excited to come home and love all over them. Stuart picked me up from the airport and we went over to his moms house. When I got there, I ran into the house hoping to hear squeals of delight followed by some hugs and kisses. Do ya think I got it? Nope. They were sleeping. I was totally bummed. But, when they did wake up, I got smothered in hugs and kisses, so it's all good.

I'm excited to sleep in my own bed. In a room without Jack. Not that I don't love my son, but he is hard to sleep with! I thought he moved alot in the day, but I didn't realize he moved so much in the night. I am ready for some better sleep!

The trip was a blast. I got to spend some much needed time with my BFF. We did all the fun girly things that girls do when they get together - you know. Shopping! I got to eat at most of my favorite places I remember from back home. Nothing like a bit of comfort food.

It was fun to spend some times with my family. One day my dad and I drove through the canyon and took a bunch of pictures of scenery. Waterfalls, creeks, trees, mountains. When I get my pictures uploaded, i'll share some. It was just a nice fun bonding experience with my dad. I had a get together with my moms side of the family and that was fun too. Usually it is rough with them because i'm so different from them, but it didn't go too bad. Short and sweet, just the way I like it.

There is nothing like going home. Back to the place where you grew up. Even if it is not the place where I am going to live for the rest of my life, there is something about going back that soothes the soul. It feels up that space, you know the one i'm talking about.

Now, I just have to wash the laundry and i'll be back to normal. Back to the routines. Let me rephrase that, getting back to the routines that got so messed up having the girls stay with grandma. Hopefully we wont have too many tantrums tomorrow when they don't get everything they want like they get a grandmas house.

I hope you'll all continue reading even though I took so long of a break. I'll get back on track now. I missed posting, but I feel better.

Right now, Life is good

0 intellectual comments made by others: