Monday, August 28

Eye appointment, jobless husband and nightmares

Sounds like quite the topic huh?

I went to my yearly eye exam this morning. The only reason why I went is because my perscription ran out and they refused to sell me any contacts. So, I gave in and got them checked. I made it through the appointment and I'm still alive. It's not as bad as the dentist, but I still don't like it. I dread the puff in the eye. BUT, I didn't cuss this time, so that's progress. My perscription is still they same, so I'm good for another year. GO ME!

I am now the proud owner of a jobless husband. Awesome huh? I bet you are SO envious. You WANT to be me. Friday was not the best of days. Stuart was laid of from his job. FOOOOOOOOOIE! They really didn't WANT to let him go, but they company is just not doing really well right now and they couldn't justify keeping him on board. They gave him some severence pay, so it will take us through about a month - month and a half. Plenty of time for him to find another right?? If you can, send us up a prayer or some positive thoughts that he can get a job very speedily.

On to the nightmares. I have been having CRAZY nightmares lately. Last night was especially bad. I don't wake up screaming from them or anything, but they definatly freak the crap out of me! The one that I had last night has stayed with me all day so far. I keep thinking back to it and I just shudder. This one would definatly make a GREAT horror flick. Maybe I should make a screenplay out of it and send it to Hollywood! Hopefully it wont return tonight. I need some SWEET dreams.

So, today is my cleaning day and I've been cleaning and getting all my laundry done. Mondays kinda suck. But, it gets done and then I don't have to worry about it the rest of the week.

Feel free to leave comments if you've made it this far! (ha ha!)

4 intellectual comments made by others:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm praying for you. I hope a new offer comes up quick.

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sorry about your husband. That really sucks. (((hugs))) I have been there.

I have been having nightmares lately too. Weird, huh?

I have my MIL here, so cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow.

Karen said...

Sending some positive thoughts on the job front. Sorry to hear that -- you both must be stressed out about it.

Congrats on the eye appointment (I hate the puff, too!).

Hope you have sweet dreams -- I hate creepy ones!

Jeanie said...

Oh gosh! I'm really sorry to hear about Stuart's job. Big hugs K and we'll pray for you guys!!