Sunday, April 20

Butterfly Festival

Over this past weekend, my MIL invited the kids and I to go with her to a Butterfly Festival. It is in this little town about an hour and a half away from my house. So, since Stuart works on Saturdays and I didn't have any other plans (well, except for my Pilates class I bailed on) and we went!

Here we are sitting and waiting for the program to begin. They put on little skits and songs by kids in the community. We only stayed for a few and the kids were itching to do something else! It was hot and hey, they are kids, who wants to just sit around!

Here is Chloe

Brooke wasn't being too cooperative because the sun was SO bright.

Still not wanting to participate. See the dirty look?

Didn't get very many of Jack. He couldn't sit still for nuthing!

Chloe and Granny.

The girls sitting with Granny watching a bunch of kids playing the violins.

The girls got their faces painted! We waited in line for about a half hour!!


They had these huge musical instruments that the kids could play. They had a blast!



Every half hour they had a butterfly release. All the kids got to get a butterfly to put on a piece of fruit. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! Chloe and Brook both had theirs stay on until we got to the car!!




All in all we had a pretty good time. I didn't think it was going to be as hot as it was (84 degrees!) so none of us had sunscreen. The kids didn't get effected by it at all, only me. I have a pink nose. HA!

2 intellectual comments made by others:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chrissy said...

Hey I love your new blog background. Where did you find it? Glad you guys are doing great.