Tuesday, April 15

Dear Jack

Dear Jack,

I think we need to have a talk. If you could put down your motorcycles for a few minutes and listen, mommy would really appreciate it. First of all, I want you to know how much I love you. You are a bright little boy. That brings me to number two, must you always be so smart. Smart alleck-ie I mean. Your sense of humour is through the roof lately. You never cease to make me laugh. Today was no exception. I put you in for a bath tonight. I realized all the towels were in the dryer and since the water just started, I decided to go ahead and go get one. I made it to the laundry room when I heard you give a blood curdeling scream. My first though was about the show I just watched on the news about babies turning the water on straight hot and getting scalled by the hot water. Freaking out, I ran to the bathroom only to find you scrambling out of the tub with the shower on full blast. Thought you would find out what would happen if you pulled that little lever didn't ya? Didn't like the result did ya? Sorry about that. I am also sorry that I had to force you to stay in the tub against your will to wash you. I did it because you were really stinky buddy. I promise you it was for your own good. Hearing about it for a half an hour later was quite humerous too, "Mommy, it scared you" Meaning "Mommy, it scared me" I shouldn't be laughing about it since you were really terrified, but dude, it was kinda funny.

Also son, I want to talk to you about this "seperation anxiety" thing you've got going on. Don't get me wrong... I love that you love me, that you want to be with me, that you love to cling to me every time I try to leave you somewhere where I am not going to be. Okay, all except for that last part. Hunny, your going to have to figure this out. There is going to come a time when your going to have to let me leave, even for an hour. I will come back I promise!!!

I wanted to thank you today too. Thank you for not getting under the sink or in the cabinets for anything to drink. For a while there I really thought you had a drinking problem. Starting out at 2 is not the best choice. But you've gone a while buddy, you can do it!

I'll end for now. Know that I love you. See that you can maybe work on some of this stuff okay?

Looking for answers,
mummy


P.S. I have a weightloss update on my other blog!
My Rants to Skinny Pants

3 intellectual comments made by others:

Julianne said...

LOL! That shower can getcha! :) Aren't these little 2 yr olds just so fun?! I hope he gets over the separation thing soon for you. Carli is finally over it and is it soooo nice.

Rachel said...

That little guy, what a goof-ball!

Lyndsee Bates said...

That is so funny!!! I love the shower episode. What a silly boy!!!!!