Saturday, September 9

Counting Crows Concert

Break down of the best days in my life.

1) My Wedding Day
2) Birth of Chloe
3) Birth of Brooklyn
4) Birth of Jack
5) The Counting Crows Concert

First, I have to give a HUGE thank you to my BFF, Robin. She had bought me a ticket to this concert for my birthday. She flew in from Utah to go with me and everything. I am sure at the time she didn't know it was going to turn out to be the best present ever. I really don't think there will be a gift that can out do this one either.

Counting Crows is my all time FAVORITE band. I have all their albums and have been listening to them since I found them in 1997. Almost 10 years going strong & they are still the very top of my list.

Let me tell you how the evening played out.

After getting Stuart all settled with the kids, we head out to the concert. As we got closer to San Antonio it started RAINING! The concert was outside! So, we stopped at Wal-Mart and grabbed us some ponchos. Best be prepared right? So, we get there and decided that since it was raining, we would pay for premire parking. So, we go really close to the entrance. We get in and immediatly we get offered free condoms! SCORE! (literally right?) We found the booth that sells T-shirts because I really wanted one this year. As I'm paying for the T, Robin notices that the outside amplatheater is covered! We won't get rained on. What a relief. Get the T and we found our seats. So, I changed my shirt under my poncho - how talented am I??

The seats that we had were not bad seats. It was in the 205 section which isn't quite bad, but not the best. We were actually disappointed that we wern't closer. We decided to go see if we could upgrade our tickets and get down on the floor. No good. They were sold out on the floor. So, we attempted to try and trade with someone going in with the offer of our seats plus some cold hard cash. Nada. Then, there is a section in the middle with tables for the season holder tickets. We talked to the people in charge of that section to see if we could sit there but that didn't work out either. Here is where we run into some good luck. On the way back to our seats, a guy was standing there drinking a beer and had a backstage pass necklace thingy on. Jokingly (well, half jokingly) we asked if we could buy it off him. Obviously he said no, but we got talking to him. Come do find out that he is Dave (from the Counting Crows) golf teacher. He has been hitting some of the shows with the band and had access to the Crows! We beg him to get us backstage for autographs. He said that he would see what he could do. We showed him where we were sitting and he said he would be back.

Yeah right we thought. Like he will be back.

The show started with the Goo Goo Dolls. It was going pretty good. They are great live! Well, after the first song, the guy came back!!! He said he couldn't get us backstage before they played, but could possibly when they were done. He said he would come back. WOOHOO! After the next 2 songs or so he came back. Bad news. The Crows are going to get right on the bus when the show is over and leaving! CRAP. We asked him if he could get us down on the floor. He said "follow me". So, he takes us through about 5 different check points for security as his "guests" and gets us on the floor!!!!

I have to give out a HUGE HUGE shout out to Mr. Backstage pass guy. (Sorry! I don't know your real name). It is rare that you meet someone who is just genuinely nice like you were. Thank you SO SO much for getting us better seats. You will never know how much we appreciated it. YOU ROCK!

So, for the rest of the Goo Goo Dolls, we were about 4 rows from the front. AWESOME SHOW!




After the Dolls were over, the crowd broke up inbetween sets and we worked our way up to the FRONT ROW! We couldn't believe it, we were going to see the Crows front row. What a dream!



The Crows came on stage and gave an awesome concert. Better then I can even tell you about. I was almost close enough that I could touch Adam. *sigh* They sang soooo good. The band was amazing. It was an absolute dream. They sang some great songs, a few of my favorites. Wow. I am not even able to describe just how much fun I had. It was a once in a lifetime thing. I am frusterated even writing this part of the post because I can't seem to explain everything like I want to.





We left the concert very dissoriented. Our ears were ringing, our feet were hurting, our throats were SO sore from screaming and singing. It is sad that I feel so old now to where I need 2 days to recover from an event like this were as when I was a teen it wouldn't even have phased me. But, it was worth it. Oh yes, it was worth it.

Here are 2 videos that I was able to take as well! I hope they work!!




It will be great when we are 40+ and still rocking out at Crows concerts!

11 intellectual comments made by others:

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Sounds like you had a blast!
I wouldn't have had the nerve to talk-up all those people. Particularly the one who made it all happen.

Anonymous said...

u have a lovely lovely blog here, i really donnow wat else to say. yr background and layout, everything fixs so nice and well. really really nice!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Colleen, it looks like u had a awesome time!! I am glad...u definately deserved it!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like an awesome time!!!

Kat said...

Looks and sounds like a blast!

Amanda Michelle Morrison said...

oh wow! You def had a better view at the show than we did!! thanks for commenting on my blog, I love that you are a married mom and still love good music and concerts and such, that is very encouraging to know that can be accomplished!

Karen said...

Cool videos! Sounds like you guys really had a blast!

Jeanie said...

Colleen!! That is AWESOME! I totally know what you meant by the "undescribable" feelings. Wow!! Happy Birthday to you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!! Glad it was a great time for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!! Glad it was a great time for you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a ball hun. Your very lucky.

ps - the book list can u keep a secret, I thought was bloody fantastic!! (oh god theres the aussie in me!)