Saturday, September 16

A date with my husband

I can't tell you the last time I had a date with my husband. But we did last night and it was AWESOME! We didn't do anything big or fancy, but it was fun.

We dropped the girls of at the inlaws. WOOHOO! No kids. Then we went to dinner at Chili's. I love Chili's. I don't know why, but I order the exact same thing every time I go there. I always go in saying that I'm going to get something different, but I don't. I always fall back on my usual. The Mushroom Swiss Burger. YUM!! The thing is huge and I can never finish it, especially when i've just eaten my weight in chips and salsa, but it is SOOO good. yumm...

Then we went to the movies! I can't tell you the last time we went to see a movie. Wait, yes I can. We went and saw Pink Panther (which was just OK) and before that we hadn't been since we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith! We don't get out to them often. Now, last night, I wanted to go see The Devil Wears Prada. I've been DYING to see that since it came out. Read the book and LOVED it. Stuart on the other hand, wanted nothing to do with it. For the life of me, I just can't understand why. (insert clueless smiley here). So, we went and saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It's been out for how long and we're just NOW going to see it? It was a friday night and there were about 10 people in the whole theater. LOL. The movie was OK. I liked it, but then at the same time I didn't. It was hilarious is some ways. It had a bunch of awesome one liners. Funny characters. But, it also had a dark side to the movie that I didn't care much for. I don't know if I'm getting more sensitive with age, but those "dark" moments in movies really get to me. I can't see scary movies at all. It's not that they give me nightmares, It just gets to me. Know what I mean? Anyways, it was a pretty good movie. I may watch it again and we will probably buy it on DVD just so we can have the set of them, but I wouldn't just choose to watch it over and over.

Anyways, it was a really fun night. We didn't get to pick up the kids until after 11. They were all sleeping. I didn't get to bed until after 1 and i'm now up at the crack of dawn because Stuart is out having male bonding time with his brother. Dirt bike riding and going to a car show. So, the lucky mom that I am, I get the kids all day and I'm wondering what to do to keep them entertained. Wish me luck!

5 intellectual comments made by others:

sheri said...

Eeks! Good luck keeping them entertained. Why is it that I'm fine all week long by myself (during the day, anyway), but if I have to be solo on the weekends, I can barely function? Lame.
Anyway, yay for date night! Yay for free babysitting, too! I love Chili's as well. Dh makes fun of me because I always get the Steak Fajita Pita w/fries. Although I've had that mushroom burger and it is divine!

Colleen said...

Why is it that I'm fine all week long by myself (during the day, anyway), but if I have to be solo on the weekends, I can barely function.

SAME!!! And the kids irritate me 80% more too!

Kat said...

Date? What's that? I'm glad you had a good time. I agree about the movie, it left me a little puzzled and unsetteled

Anonymous said...

Date? Im with KatKat, what is that again? Last time Rob took me about for dinner and a movie, I said ohh we are going on a date, which he said we arent as we are together already. WHERE THE FUN!! hehe!

Great to hear you had fun though!

Karen said...

That's great that you had a night out! I am the EXACT same way about movies. I can't bear to watch scary movies because they bother me (not necessarily "scare" me). And I really only like feel-good movies now. Sad movies, bad endings, movies about drugs and twisted sex and violence...UGH. I just can't stand it. Is it an age thing? Are we becoming wimps??