Thursday, September 28

Friday Feast #1

Don't you just love your firsts??

Appetizer
What is your favorite herb or spice?

I love cinammon. I love everything baked in cinammon. Cinammon rolls, pumpkin pie...you name it!

Soup
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.

Run away with you by the Cure (at least I think that is the name)

Salad
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?

1,245,759 oh you said one minute? I could probably write down at least 50 of them!

Main Course
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).

My bother was in a major car accidentin 2002. Ejected from the car on the freeway and everything and lived to tell about it.

Dessert
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?

Um, I just had a baby (well, 7 mo ago) but I believe there was a time in there were I was awake literally 3 or 4 days. Pure. Hell.

29 intellectual comments made by others:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my FF!

Cinnamon is great - I love cinnamon gum although it's only just coming on to the market here in Australia! And cinnamon toothpaste, but we don't get that here!

Have a great day!
<3 Cyndi

Anonymous said...

tell me it wasnt that bad (the baby thing) just wondering. yeahd for your brother,,beautiful post

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're brother was really lucky to survive!

Ah yes, I remember those sleepless baby nights!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the feast, great appetizer choice.

The Mayor Of Awesometown said...

cinammon is wonderful. A very underated spice i think.

Unknown said...

My baby turns 8mo on the 10th of Oct., I do remember nights like that too.
Cinnamon is my favorite spice too.
Welcome to FF!

Caylynn said...

Welcome to Friday's Feast. :) Cinnamon is one of my favourite spices too. :) That must have been scary for your brother - thank goodness he lived.

Have a happy Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

We've got something in common. Mine's cinnamon too. Congrats on your baby!

Karen said...

What is this Friday's Feast business? I have never heard of it!

I love cinnamon. And freshly grated nutmeg. And cardamom -- YUM.

I don't want to depress myself with how many things I need/don't want to do, thank you very much.

My sister is a nurse. I know! We're an exciting family!

I'm sure I've had similar amounts of non-sleep when my kids were younger. Thankfully, they now sleep very well (and because I just said that, I'm sure they will both be up all night tonight -- thanks, Colleen!).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Sophie Kinsella books (on your sidebar!) That one is GREAT!

I laugh that you typed "bother" instead of "brother." Freudian slip? LOL

Great list! Keep up the FF!!

Julie said...

Love your salad and dessert. I remember those baby days Now we have 3 teenage girls and 6 yr old boy.Have a great day...Oh, welcome to Friday Feast:)

Colleen said...

Freudian slip?

No, I just can't type. I mean, yeah, I can type, but I just get going so fast and I do NOT proof read. What I type is what you get!

Karen, got to www.fridaysfeast.com

thanks for stopping by everyone!

Melli said...

Well, first ... WELCOME to Friday's Feast! Second ... I LOVE the name of your blog -- very cute! And third...

I'm SURE your dessert was just awful! (as the mother of 4, I know these things!) And I'm glad your brother is okay! Cinnamon was a great choice! I wasn't even thinking in terms of sweets! But I DO use a lot of cinnamon too!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Welcome to Friday Feast!

I love cinammon. And your dessert makes me want to come over and give you a hug and a coffee. (coffee is my favorite thing in the whole world. It relaxes me, sooths me and makes me happy.)

Susanna said...

Oooh, I think I got away lightly with my baby in that case!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby!

Wystful1 said...

Love your salad!!! How refreshing!!

Mine's posted.
Happy Friday

Karen said...

Colleen, I'm a copy editor, so you're in big trouble for not proofreading! Tsk, tsk. (kidding!)

Hey, call me crazy, but I don't see your e-mail address anywhere on this site...?!?!

Colleen said...

you can send it to walldesigns AT austin DOT rr DOT com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love your feast! Welcome!
I can relate about your dessert - I have a toddler who loves to wake up at 3 in the morning, and my eldest didnt sleep through the night until after she turned a year old- when we got her a Grobag!

Mine's served :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! :) Great first feast.. You must write fast if you could do 50 to-do items in a minute hehe! Your dessert makes me kind of glad that my daughter was with her dad when she was that small.

graymama said...

Just Like Heaven is one of my favorite Cure songs :-)

Glad that your brother is okay!

We have the same dessert.

Great meal!

Christine said...

Oooo, the whole not sleeping at all with a new baby. I remember that. Actually, with my youngest being 9 month, I still have bouts of that...

Thanks for visiting me! Have a great weekend!

gawilli said...

Oooh, hot cinnamon rolls. Now that sounds good! Thanks for visiting.

Unknown said...

Hahaha! I can totally relate. I have a toddler as well.

come dine with me.

sheri said...

Fun post!
(and I won't even go into how well both my babies slept/sleep. You'd hate me forever. lol)
And what was that comment you made on my blog a while back about being lucky if you got 3 comments?!

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://bnmvfihm.com/xgdz/bibf.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fioxakyx.com/albp/ddmt.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://bnmvfihm.com/xgdz/bibf.html | http://qxfnvjxi.com/ainy/gsyk.html