Tuesday, September 5

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

I loved this book. This book made me feel on so many different levels. It made me both sad and happy. I cried and I laughed. I even ached for the characters as I read it. This book has so many twists and turns, most of which you don't even see coming. You completely get emersed in the story as you read it. I have never ready anything that has to deal with the Afghanistans or their life styles or even te things that happened to them in the recent years and I have to say that I learned alot in this book even though it is fiction.

The friendship between Amir and Hassan is both beautiful yet frusterating at the same time. It is a great story about friendships, betrayal, love, jealousy and conflict between all characters. This book is real.

One review that I read on this book says this:

Hosseini deftly paints his characters as real, flawed human beings, all victims of each other's weaknesses as well as their own. It is compellingly written, I would recommend it for that alone


I completely agree with this 100%. This book is a MUST read. It is probably one of the best books that I have read in a long time. It will take you on a long rollercoaster ride of emotions, but it is SO worth the read.



Other book reviews by me:

Shophie Kinsella - The Undomestic Goddess

4 intellectual comments made by others:

Kat said...

I think I might get that book next. I just finished "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant and I enjoyed it alot. The only problem i have its once a start a good book I can't stop.

Colleen said...

The Red Tent is my next one!

Karen said...

I'm sold!

alisonwonderland said...

i briefly reviewed "the kite runner" on my blog too (here)!