Tuesday, September 26

I feel so blessed.

As stated in my bio, I am a member of the LDS church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). Within the church we have an organization for women called the Relief Society. It is the largest womans organization out there with our numbers hitting over 5 million. Women who participate in Relief Society support each other as they share thier faith, friendship and love.

I am so SO blessed to be a part of such an amazing group of women.

To give you a bit more background. Our church has over 11 million members. Each church is devided into sections where you leave. A bigger section is called a Stake and within the stake you have smaller sections which is called a ward. Your ward family. These people live the closest to you and you meet with them at a certain time each Sunday for your meetings and when you plan activities, normally these are the ones you "play" with.

My ward is completely amazing. It is full of other people who are within my age range (give or take 10 years) and they are the most amazing women I have ever met in my life. I am so grateful that I have these women around me. We are constantly serving each other through babysitting, dinners when people have babies or are sick, and mostly just being here for one another. It is SO SO nice to know that if I needed help with anything, there are about 30 or more people I could call and most of them would help at a moments notice.

I love my church, I love my Heavenly Father, I love my faith and everything that it brings into my life.

Today, I am just feeling blessed.

9 intellectual comments made by others:

Twisted Cinderella said...

How nice that you have that source of support and companionship.

sheri said...

Isn't it the best?! Our ward, especially the Relief Society, is amazing as well. I also love that wherever you go, you can attend a church meeting and feel as though you already know the people. I don't know what I'd do w/out all my friends from church. They're so inspirational, educational and supportive.

Kat said...

I love it too, however I'm in primary so I never get to go to RS. When I was in the hospital a few months back, we had meals for a week and I know that I can call any of those women and they will be there for me.It's funny that you posted this cause I was going to write a post about the The Ten Virgins painting.I might tomorrow.

Karen said...

That sounds wonderful. I wish I belonged to something like that.

Anonymous said...

That's great that you belong to such a wonderful group of people! We all need positive influences like that in our lives.

Sally F said...

Great ward! Ours just got split last week, so I'm in mourning right now.

Didn't you love the RS general meeting? Main message was: God LOVES you!!!!!

Colleen said...

Loved it.

Colleen Gleason said...

You are blessed.

I'm not in your ward, but I feel the same way about my church/parish. It's a place where I know I can support and be suppported when I need it.

Michael said...

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but I was just taking a look at this week's "Friday's Feast" contestants and your comment caught my eye. As it turns out, I'm also LDS, and my wife and I nearly moved to Texas this past year. Weird, no?

Power to the Mormon Bloggers!