Wednesday, September 6

My PSA

Attention all you Wal-Mart shoppers. I have something that I need to say to you. This is concerning check outs. More specifically, the Self Check Out.

First things first - anyone over the age of 60 is NOT allowed to use the self check out lane. Enough said.

Second - if you notice, that when you get to the self check out, there is a sign that says FAST LANE. Meaning, if it is going to take you longer then 5 minutes to check out, then please go to a regular lane.

Third - If you have more then 20 items, this is NOT the lane for you. So, if you have a half a basket full of stuff, please go to a regular lane.

Fourth - Please, please please, don't write a check when you are using the fast lane.

Fifth - if you've never used the self check out lane before and you have a half of a cart full of stuff, don't let this be the first time you try it out.

So, if you are over 60, have a half cart full of stuff, with coupons having never used the self check out lane and you are writing a check. DON'T USE THE FAST SELF CHECK OUT LANE!

This has been a PSA brought to you by me.

5 intellectual comments made by others:

Karen said...

Too funny!!! And so true. Can you please tell the Home Depot shoppers, too?

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! Too funny! they should post this in the store!

Colleen Gleason said...

Ohhh! Sooo true. Thank you for the chuckle.

In college, I was a cashier at Meijer, which is like a Wal-Mart, so I'm speeeeeeedy when it comes to scanning and checking out on the lanes. I'm also Type A, so when I see someone fumbling around...ARGH.

Thank you.

Kat said...

That happened to me last week.
All I wanted was diapers.
I go to self check lane and both had crazy people in it.
The lady in my line scanned each item then put it in a bag then looked at her coupons, Then added in her head. I wanted to scream.

sheri said...

See, and I'm STILL too chicken to use the Self Check-out Lanes! I'm paranoid I'll be the one making other people mad. People like you. :)