Saturday, September 2

There's no place like home

Is what Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz when she wanted to go home. But, my question is - WHY, why oh why, would she want to go back home to Kansas?!?!

Right now, I'm in Kansas. Were on vacation over the Labor Day weekend and of all places to end up, were in Kansas. Why on earth would you want to live in a place where a tornado can suck up your home and leave it in some strange world full of grown people who are only 3 feet tall with a witch chasing after you?

Kansas. Boy oh boy.

So, yesterday I was driving through Kansas to go meet a friend and it was a very odd experience. I felt totally out of my element.

I drove through this town by the name of Inman. If you remmeber it, I am totally surprised. You probably didn't blink. Well, you know how when you drive into a town and they have the sign that says "Welcome to....." and then it gives a small quote about the town? Well, the town of Inman has a quote that says, "The place where people choose to live". I am pretty sure that they ment, "The place where 1 person has chose to live". Inman is only a 1 person town. Seriously. It is that small.

Then a little ways up the street, I swear I saw the location where they filmed the movie Children of the Corn. How freaky is that. To be driving down the road with just you and your 6 month old son, wondering when the little children are going to come running out of the corn fields to kill us. Fa-ree-k-ee. I tell you that!

So, here I am in Kansas. The land of the Children of the Corn. Great. Tonight, I think i'll be dreaming of the same thing that Dorothy did. There is no place like home. But, i'll be dreaming of Texas.


*** My sister in law that lives in Kansas would like you all to know that she is very upset over this post and she stands behind the sign of her town that says, "We'll Share Our Space With You".

2 intellectual comments made by others:

Karen said...

Yikes! Watch out for those nasty little Corn kids!

Too funny about your sister-in-law!

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL! Watch out for any freaky little kids!