Friday, September 15

A day of blog silence

The internet can be a very powerful tool for making friendships. When I was pregnant with Chloe, I found the world of parenting message boards. I had so many questions and these message boards gave me a chance to ask those questions and in the process met a wonderful group of women.

In the 5 years that I have been frequenting these boards, I stuck with one. I have been a member of it for 4 years. I have 'met' a WONDERFUL group of women. We are there for each other in so many ways. Most of it is emotional help since in reality, these are mostly online friendships. I have only met a few of them in real life. But, non the less, these friendships are amazing. I have never met more real, loving, caring, fun group of women in one place. I love my board.

Over the weekend, one of women in my flock, lost her husband. They were on vacation and it says that he fell of the balcony at thier hotel. I am completely and utterly heartbroken for this woman. In the past 24 hours that we have all known, I have wept for her, I have ached for her and I have felt a complete loss for her children who will now grow up without a father.

He was a dedicated father and husband. He was a well loved musician/stage hand in his community. I can not imagine nor do I want to, the pain that their family is going through right now.

So, I send all my prayers, my pinkvibes, my positive thoughts upward in hopes that my Father in Heaven can reach out his loving arms and help out this family that is in such need of comfort at this time. I pray and hope that she will be strengthen over time and that this next week will be bareable for her. That she will be able to get through what she needs to and that she will have all the emotional support within her family and community that she needs as well.

They are setting up a fund in the name of the children to cover upcoming expenses for them such as day care fees and the likes of those. If you would like to contribute, please email me at cbontrager AT austin DOT rr DOT com and I will give you the information that you need.

So, for the rest of the day, I am taking a day of blog silence, so if you do not see my posting on your blog, this is why.

3 intellectual comments made by others:

sheri said...

I'm so sorry! I'm sorry for you and all her friends and especially sorry for her and her family. What a horrible, sad thing. Hopefully your board will turn out to be a big support for her through all this. Hugs!

Fantastagirl said...

This is the second blogger that I have seen with a post like this - I am hoping that it is the same person - because to hear of two Daddys' dying on the same day - I don't think my heart could take that. feel so bad for the mommy and kids.... hugs....

Colleen said...

It is the same one. Im almost sure of it. If it was TCs anyways...